To explore strange new worlds and new civilizations...

This blog is our attempt to bring you with us in our adventure through the UK and Europe. We're not only in search of new places, but direction, path, purpose, and a broadened perspective. If you're reading this, we invite you to grow with us, to share in our experiences that will certainly help define us for the rest of our lives. Something that powerful is certainly not something we'd want you, our friends and loved ones, to miss. So please, join us. Because these days will define us forever.

So, Allons-y!


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Taco Bell, you have captured my heart.

If you're reading this, you probably know me. And if you know me, you know that there are certain things in life that have captured my heart.

I won't make an exhaustive list here. But one of the things in life that has captured my heart is none other than: Taco Bell.

I kid you not, Reader-That-Isn't-Familiar-With-The-Things-That-Have-Captured-My-Heart. Earlier this year, when the founder of Taco Bell went home, (that's a euphemism for "died"), I had a moment of silence, and my heart endured a heavy thankfulness for this man, Glen W. Bell, Jr. A dear friend even gave me a thoughtful and comforting card, knowing how much Mr Bell's life legacy means to me. When driving around certain parts of Texas, I can tell you which Taco Bell's serve Dr. Pepper, and which ones are solely Pepsi. Did you also know that Taco Bell is the only place you can experience Mountain Dew's Baha Blast? They don't sell it in stores, only at the Taco Bell fountain.

Also, if you've been reading previous blog entries, you've noticed that, on more than one occasion while on this European adventure, I've mentioned having dreams of partaking/almost partaking in Taco Bell. I've come to accept about myself that a love for Taco Bell is not only stomach-based, but appreciation and love for the 48 year old fast-food chain has become founded in my heart and soul as well.

So, needless to say, I was thrilled to discover that towards the end of 2008, Taco Bell opened its doors to the general public in Madrid, Spain. (In 2004 they had opened a store in Spain, but it was on a naval base, and it was only open to those with access to the naval base.) Yum! Brands then announced they would be opening more locations in Spain in early 2009, in order to see how Taco Bell favoured with the European market.

(To answer the unspoken question, of course I sought out this information, Reader. I couldn't not know, and after the dreams became plural, I thought that surely in all of Europe there must be SOME sort of Taco Bell franchise budding...
...Link to Wikipedia below.)

What this means for us, Reader, is that Alex and I will have the great pleasure of partaking in Taco Bell while over here in Europe. It would be hard to overestimate the excitement I'm experiencing at the discovery of this jewel of information.

I am very much looking forward to having a #7, with chicken quesadillas with extra jalapeƱo sauce, a soft Taco, and (if they have it), a Dr. Pepper to drink. That, right after living like Jesus, is heaven on earth in my books, folks. :)

-S

European Taco Bell - in Madrid, Spain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell
Google Maps gave me this address: Calle de la Calderilla, 1, 28054 Madrid, Spain (Taco Bell)

No comments:

Post a Comment