To explore strange new worlds and new civilizations...

This blog is our attempt to bring you with us in our adventure through the UK and Europe. We're not only in search of new places, but direction, path, purpose, and a broadened perspective. If you're reading this, we invite you to grow with us, to share in our experiences that will certainly help define us for the rest of our lives. Something that powerful is certainly not something we'd want you, our friends and loved ones, to miss. So please, join us. Because these days will define us forever.

So, Allons-y!


Friday, February 19, 2010

To blog...

I'm not used to blogging. I'm used to journaling. I love to write as a means of expressing myself and getting thoughts out of my head to deal with. Let's be honest, I don't even like to talk on the phone in front of other people. It's the fact that I have to suddenly be cognizant of all the ears listening. No longer am I speaking to one set of ears, whether on the phone, or my own in journaling, but now I have an audience, and a whole myriad of perspectives and interpretations comes into play. But the fact of the matter is, blogging is the most effective way we could come up with to keep in touch with everyone while we're overseas on our adventure. So for you people that I love so much, I'll face my stage fright and engage in this blog. Because I definitely want you to be able to join Alex and me in our journey if you so desire. The truth is this travel business has been a dream in my heart for 2 years, and probably almost the same amount of time Alex has had a similar dream. You'd have to ask him for the specific details. Needless to say, there's going to be a lot of growth for us going on in the next 3+ months. And instead of coming back from such a pilgrimage and having to make new friends with our old friends, how about we just be able to share in this journey together the best way we can? :) 

So, as the Doctor would say, "Allons-y!"

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment