To explore strange new worlds and new civilizations...

This blog is our attempt to bring you with us in our adventure through the UK and Europe. We're not only in search of new places, but direction, path, purpose, and a broadened perspective. If you're reading this, we invite you to grow with us, to share in our experiences that will certainly help define us for the rest of our lives. Something that powerful is certainly not something we'd want you, our friends and loved ones, to miss. So please, join us. Because these days will define us forever.

So, Allons-y!


Friday, February 19, 2010

In 10 days...

...Alex and I fly to London.
...We leave behind a great deal that our lives have grown accustomed to relying upon. 
...I leave behind a job, two towns filled with friends and loved ones, the security of having a defined path set before me.
...I put physical distance between the cherished fellowship and community of some incredible friendships.
...I must depart from roles I've served in, responsibilities I've carried, trusting that God was taking care of these people and organizations long before I came into the picture.
...we step out in faith, hoping that our path will be laid out before us, that we will have enough money to eat, sleep, find accommodations, and successfully move about the countries.
...I tell the American dream I'm not quite sure it's where I fit yet or how I want to be defined. The idea of immediately getting married, finding the job that lands me that impressive career, and planting roots simply doesn't appeal to me yet, despite the fact that I'm a 24 year old female who is supposed to live and breathe for that dream. I pass no judgement on those pursuing and living this dream, I think it's beautiful, and probably in my future. Consider me naive if you wish. But I have a severe case of wanderlust, and my God has been gracious enough to provide the means and opportunity for such a dream to come true.
...I step out in faith, trusting that "we will either be giving something solid to stand on, or we will be taught how to fly."

I'm thrilled, and at the same time experiencing tremendous peace, despite the natural fear that accompanies the fact that tomorrow is unknown. But isn't that what makes it exciting? :)

“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner


-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment